Thursday, 08 March 2018 07:07

Bolivia Ready for Trial on Maritime Lawsuit in The Hague

Written by PL
  • font size decrease font size increase font size
  • Print
  • Email
  • No comment

Bolivian Justice Minister Hector Arce asserted today that all the Bolivian strength and dignity were ready to present the maritime lawsuit at the International Court of Justice in The Hague.


La Paz.- "After years and years working, we will finally reach the definitive moment to face Chile to defend our right," Arce said, using his Twitter account.

In another message on Twitter, he said the country was ready to follow the trial for the lawsuit filed against Chile in 2013 for sovereign access to the Pacific Ocean.

The minister is in Spain, where he held the last meeting of the national and international legal team that finalized the details of the speeches planned to be delivered from March 19-28.

Previously, Bolivian Foreign Minister Fernando Huanacuni said the meeting had concluded successfully and expressed to have confidence on the solidity of the arguments by his country in the dispute.

There is an 'excellent mood among the members of the legal team,' said Huanacuni, who remarked the committed work by the international judges.

After the War of the Pacific (1879-1883), Chile snatched 4000 kilometers of coast and 120,000 square kilometers of territory, rich in ores, from Bolivia, which is now demanding them. (PL)

Read 220 times

Escriba su comentario

Post comentado como Invitado

  • No comments found