This first of September, around 90 thousand Las Tunas students of General and University teachings enter the classrooms, after five months without carrying out classroom activities. Windows, gates and books are being opened again, in more than 640 schools that eagerly awaited the joy of those who will retrace the paths of knowledge.
Las Tunas, Cuba.- During the last days, authorities of the sector organized visits to check the material, human and financial assurances throughout the territory, in which a good atmosphere in the institutions and the commitment to maintain the quality of the process could be appreciated teacher, despite the readjustments that were necessary to make to the study plans in this exceptional situation.
Nílser Piñeda Cruz, provincial director of Education, explained in a working meeting the efforts that have been made to guarantee the resumption of the school period, as well as the unusual characteristics of the return to the classrooms this Tuesday. He recalled that from September to October they will be engaged in completing the 2019-2020 calendar, and 2020-2021 will begin in November.
More than 10,000 teachers were trained in each methodological group so that the teaching-learning process is superior. At the same time, an important injection of more than 600 new professionals is received, which will contribute to maintaining coverage above 99 percent.
The officials insist that when classes are resumed, it will be essential to maintain the perception of the risk that COVID-19 represents, since the reopening of schools cannot become a risk to the health of students and workers.
SOME HYGIENIC- SANITARY MEASURES OF STRICT COMPLIANCE IN EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
- Comply with the school organization, the established teaching schedule, the conditions for staggered recess, the elimination of morning breaks and group activities.
Reinforce educational work with students on the conduct to be followed inside and outside the institutions.
- Carry out the daily inquiry, not allowing students and workers with respiratory diseases to enter the centers.
Maintain strict control at the entrance of each center to prevent access by non-staff and, if essential, control it properly.
- Students and workers must comply with the mandatory use of the facemask, as well as handwashing and the use of hypochlorite.
- Guarantee foot bathing, the disinfection of tables, computers, televisions, controls, toys, other teaching aids, as well as the handrails of stairs and doorknobs.
- Daily performance of auto focal control aimed at avoids the proliferation of other communicable diseases.
- Centers that provide dining room services must maintain hygiene, avoid crowding, and ensure water for handwashing and consumption.
- Carry out the health inquiry at the collection points of students from internal centers with the presence of Health personnel.